Are you excited to help shape the future of battery technology and consequently the future of consumer electronics and mobility? Do you have the engineering wit do drive customer success from a technical perspective ? Can you not wait to dive in to a VC-backed deep tech scale-up with the ambition to change the world?
As LeydenJar's battery technology matures and reaches qualification in more and more end markets, LeydenJar is looking for ambitious application engineers to work with its clients towards commercial end products. Within the context of the newly formed Product division, you will be the first line of technical support for client facing projects (sample exchanges, proof of concept projects and joint development projects). Work in this sense ranges from translating client desires into battery specs, working with LeydenJar's lab, R&D and production teams to meet these requirements and supporting the business development team with technical input. As you grow in the job, you will increasingly take final responsibility for LeydenJar's technical discussions with large OEMs and battery cell manufacturers.
As an application engineer, you are passionate about translating R&D results into real world applications and you get excited from working with clients in complex, multi stakeholder groups to help them implement our battery technology. Implementing novel battery technology is a multi-faceted problem that requires insights into electrochemistry for battery cell design, transferring these designs into large scale manufacturing lines (up to GWh scale) and advising clients on integrating resultant batteries into their end products. Added to this, you can also expect plenty opportunities to work on LeydenJar's business development and support in R&D projects. Finally, you will also take a role in lab management, quality control, metrology development and proces development.
- You are highly passionate about both deep tech and clean tech and you want to make your mark on a fast growing scale-up company
- You have a masters degree in Chemistry, Physics or Materials Science, 2-5 years of working experience in a lab / engineering environment is required. You will work under leadership of senior application engineers within the context of LeydenJar's Product division
- Preference for candidates with experience in electrochemistry and/or materials science and/or a background in the battery industry
- You have experience in managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects. You enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams on real world challenges
- In addition to doing hands-on lab work, you also enjoy drawing up technical reports for clients and other partners
- Teamplayer with excellent people skills and a strongly analytical approach to problem solving. You are excited to work in a highly international environment
- You strongly relate to LeydenJar's core values of entrepreneurship, openness and data-driven decision making
- Fluency in English is a must, proficiency in Dutch is a plus. A Dutch work permit is required.
What can you expect from us?
- Unique experience in a rapidly scaling VC-backed start-up environment (in the next 18 months LeydenJar is expected to triple in size)
- Chance to work on potentially world-changing technology that can be a game changer to a range of industries and a key enabler for the energy transition
- Be part of a young, ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial team with lots of emphasis on taking responsibilities. You will be one of the first employees of a novel division (Product)
- Full time position, based in Leiden. You will start on a 1y contract that can become an indefinite term contract. Compensation expected at €3,000-4,200, depending on qualifications and experience
- Applications will be reviewed mid August. After a phone screening, the application procedure will consist of two rounds. People that you will meet during this process include Ewout, Tom and Rohan.