Are you excited to help shape the future of battery technology and consequently the future of consumer electronics and mobility? Do you have the engineering wit to drive customer success from a technical perspective? Can you not wait to dive in to a VC-backed deep tech scale-up with the ambition to change the world?
Then hurry up and join our multi-national team of ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial colleagues!
LeydenJar Technologies is scaling rapidly and while doing so we are looking for a Battery Scientist to join us in our mission to boost battery technology with 100% silicon anodes.
About the Job
LeydenJar Technologies has a mission to deliver a solution, that is a package of technologies, to the lithium-ion battery industry. You will be responsible for developing battery cell technologies along with new silicon product development as a Battery Scientist together with the PECVD technology development team. As unique in a start-up company, you will work in a very live and vigorous environment together with your colleagues full of entrepreneurship who are enjoying learning from mistakes and making innovative big steps forward every day and week. You will be working with battery team of brilliant, international, ambitious, and diverse scientists and will report to Senior/Lead Scientist.
You will be working on the following:
- Research and development of battery cell materials to combine with LeydenJar's unique 100% silicon anodes
- Characterization of battery materials using state-of-the-art techniques
- Research in additive technologies such as pre-lithiation and surface protection
- Tailoring and characterization of formation and cycling protocols
- Cell failure mechanism analysis
- Data analysis and reporting of results
- Supporting the commercial Product team
- IP creation
- Good understanding of electrochemistry
- knowledge on the cell chemistry in cathode, anode, electrolyte, and auxiliary components, and on the battery cell process
- Experience in cell data analysis such as diagnostics, resistance evolution, electrochemical dynamics, and so forth
- Good understanding of cell failure mechanisms and relevant instrumental analysis
- Education: MSc or PhD
- Good understanding of battery cell testing protocols
- Previous experience in developing silicon- or lithium metal-based anodes is a plus
- Fluent English.
What can you expect from us?
- Unique experience in a rapidly scaling VC-backed start-up environment
- Chance to work on potentially world-changing technology that can be an enabler to a range of industries in service to the energy transition
- Great colleagues; at LeydenJar you will be part of a multi-national, ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial team /with 14+ different nationalities!/
- You will start on a 1-year contract that can become an indefinite term contract (this is a typical arrangement of Dutch job contracts)
- Relocation will be supported for international movement of household goods and for relocation of yourself and your family. Application for work/residence permit and 30% Ruling will be supported by us (no guarantee, though)
- We host internal FUN events each year and offer personal development perks
Do you want to take on the challenge as a Battery Scientist? We are looking forward to your application!