Business Development Manager
Are you excited to help shape the future of battery technology and consequently the future of consumer electronics and mobility? Do you want work with both Fortune500 and niche application clients to bring LeydenJar's revolutionary product to market? Can you not wait to dive in to a VC-backed deep tech scale-up with the ambition to change the world?
As LeydenJar's battery technology matures and reaches qualification in more and more end markets, LeydenJar is looking to boost its business development efforts. Within the context of the newly formed Product division, you will be responsible for setting up new client contacts and manage the success of ongoing engagements. Work in this sense ranges from developing the customer journey up to realizing concrete sales targets. Added to this, the role will also have a large project management component, as commercial engagements in battery technology are most always a joint development effort.
Although commercial development will be the no1 focus of this role, you can also expect plentiful opportunities to work on LeydenJar's product development, longer term strategy and corporate development. Examples of this could include the planning of new capex, providing competitive intelligence and developing go-to-market strategies. Finally, the candidate will also take the lead in managing a number of ongoing subsidized projects.
- You are highly passionate about both deep tech and clean tech and you want to make your mark on a fast growing scale-up company
- You have a masters degree from a top Technical University and 2-5 years of working experience in a high performance environment
- You have a neck for sales and you're eager to close deals
- You are able to independently lead projects from a commercial perspective and effectively work together with Application Engineers that provide the technical lead
- You have experience in deal structuring, market research, business planning and setting-up sales efforts from scratch
- Excellent people skills and a strongly analytical approach to problem solving. You are excited to work in a highly international environment
- You strongly relate to LeydenJar's core values of entrepreneurship, openness and data-driven decision making
- Fluency in English is a must, proficiency in Dutch is a plus. A Dutch work permit is required.
What can you expect from us?
- Unique experience in a rapidly scaling VC-backed start-up environment (in the next 18 months LeydenJar is expected to triple in size)
- Chance to work on potentially world-changing technology that can be a game changer to a range of industries and a key enabler for the energy transition
- Be part of a young, ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial team with lots of emphasis on taking responsibilities
- Full time position, market conform compensation (incl. pension), based in Leiden. You will start on a 1y contract that can become an indefinite term contract
- Applications will be reviewed mid August. After a phone screening, the application procedure will consist of two rounds with a.o. Ewout (Head of Product) and Chris (founder/CEO).