Are you excited to help shape the future of battery technology and consequently the future of consumer electronics and mobility? Do you have the engineering wit do drive customer success from a technical perspective? Can you not wait to dive in to a VC-backed deep tech scale-up with the ambition to change the world?
LeydenJar technologies has a mission to deliver a solution, that is a package of technologies instead of single technology, to lithium -ion battery industry. You will be responsible for developing battery cell technologies as a ‘Electrolyte developer’ together with PECVD technology development team. As unique in a start-up company, you will work in a very live and vigorous environment together with your colleagues full of entrepreneurship who are enjoying learning from mistakes and making innovative big steps forward out of it every day and week. You will be working with battery team of brilliant, international, ambitious, and diverse scientists and will report to principal researcher.
You will be working for:
- Development of innovative electrolytes such as ionic liquid and localized high concentration electrolytes
- Development of new electrolytes composition for various different requirements such as ling cycle life, low temperature, high temperature, and so on
- Cell failure mechanism analysis caused by electrolyte
- Cell building process optimization for new electrolytes
- IP creation for new electrolyte exclusively applicable to LJT silicon anode
- Good understanding on the mechanism of electrolyte reaction/decomposition and relevant instrumental analysis
- Experience in analysing SEI layer composition/growth, resistance evolution, and electrochemical dynamics
- Education: MSc or PhD
- Fluent English.
What can you expect from us?
- Unique experience in a rapidly scaling VC-backed start-up environment (in the next 18 months LeydenJar is expected to triple in size)
- Chance to work on potentially world-changing technology that can be a game changer to a range of industries and a key enabler for the energy transition
- Be part of a young, ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial team with lots of emphasis on taking responsibilities
- Full time position, based in Leiden. You will start on a 1y contract that can become an indefinite term contract
- Relocation will be supported for international movement of household goods and for relocation of yourself and your family based on real expense
- Application for work/residence permit and 30% ruling will be supported