Senior Battery Researcher
Are you excited to help shape the future of battery technology and consequently the future of consumer electronics and mobility? Do you have the engineering wit do drive customer success from a technical perspective? Can you not wait to dive in to a VC-backed deep tech scale-up with the ambition to change the world? Then join our team of ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial colleagues!
About the job
LeydenJar Technologies has a mission to deliver a solution, that is a package of technologies instead of single technology, to lithium -ion battery industry. As Senior Battery Researcher, you will be responsible for developing battery cell technologies along with new silicon product development together with the PECVD technology development team. As unique in a start-up company, you will work in a very live and vigorous environment together with your colleagues full of entrepreneurship who are enjoying learning from trial and error and making innovative big steps forward out of it every day and week. You will be working with the Battery team of brilliant, international, ambitious, and diverse scientists and will report to Head of Battery.
You will be working on:
- Cell chemistry design such as cathode, electrolyte, and separator according to requirements for the cell performance
- Cell build process optimization such as aging after injection, pre-charging, pressure and temperature during formation, and so on
- Cell testing conditions optimization and data analysis automation
- Supporting application engineers by providing guidelines of chemical and mechanical cell designs for specific cell performance requirements
- You have a good understanding on cell chemistry
- You have a good understanding on battery cell build/activation process and battery cell testing conditions
- You have a good understanding on cell failure mechanisms caused by cell design, process, and relevant instrumental analysis of the failure
- You have gained 5-10 years experience, after completing your MSc, as a cell developer/process engineer in lithium ion battery field
- Your education: MSc on Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrochemistry, or Chemical Engineering
- You are fluent in English
What can you expect from us?
- Unique experience in a rapidly scaling VC-backed start-up environment (in the next 18 months LeydenJar is expected to triple in size)
- Chance to work on potentially world-changing technology that can be a game changer to a range of industries and a key enabler for the energy transition
- Great colleagues; at LeydenJar you will be part of a young, ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial team
- Full time position, based in Leiden. You will start on a 1y contract that can become an indefinite term contract
- Relocation will be supported for international movement of household goods and for relocation of yourself and your family based on real expense
- Application for work/residence permit and 30% ruling will be supported
Do you want to take on the challenge as a Senior Battery Researcher? We are looking forward to your application!