Senior Battery Scientist
Are you excited to help shape the future of battery technology and consequently the future of consumer electronics and mobility? Do you have the engineering wit to drive customer success from a technical perspective? Can you not wait to dive in to a VC-backed deep tech scale-up with the ambition to change the world?
Then hurry up and join our multi-national team of ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial colleagues!
LeydenJar Technologies is scaling rapidly and while doing so we are looking for a Senior Battery Scientist to join us in our mission to boost battery technology.
About the job
LeydenJar Technologies has a mission to deliver a solution, that is a package of technologies instead of a single technology, to lithium-ion battery industry. As Senior Battery Scientist, you will be responsible for developing battery cell technologies along with new silicon product development together with the PECVD technology development team. As unique in a start-up company, you will work in a very live and vigorous environment together with your colleagues full of entrepreneurship who are enjoying learning from trial and error and making innovative big steps forward out of it every day and week. You will be working with the battery team of brilliant, international, ambitious, and diverse scientists and will report to Head of Battery.
You will be working on:
- Leading a team of highly-skilled scientists to accelerate materials development and characterization, and deepen fundamental understanding of Leydenjar's 100% silicon anodes.
- Characterization of cell chemistries including anode, cathode, electrolyte, and separator.
- Conducting thorough failure mode/mechanism analysis using state-of-the-art methods.
- Developing new chemical and electrochemical test methods for failure mechanism analysis.
- Providing insights regarding anode properties and their impacts on cell performance metrics, guiding future development.
- Testing and qualifying new electrochemical QC methods.
- Developing and optimizing formation protocols with demonstrable impact on cell performance metrics.
- Supporting application engineers by providing guidelines of chemical and mechanical cell designs for specific cell performance requirements.
- You have an exceptional understanding of lithium-ion technologies and electrochemistry.
- You have experience with battery cell build, formation processes and battery cell testing conditions.
- You have a good understanding of cell failure mechanisms as impacted by materials design and processes.
- You have experience of using state-of-the-art instrumental analysis and electrochemical testing to elucidate failure modes and failure mechanisms in battery materials.
- You have gained 3-5 years of industry experience, after completing your MSc, as a scientist in the lithium-ion battery field.
- You have experience of leading small teams of skilled people to achieve ambitious objectives.
- Your education: MSc on Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- You are fluent in English.
What can you expect from us?
- Unique experience in a rapidly scaling VC-backed start-up environment (in the next 18 months LeydenJar is expected to triple in size).
- Chance to work on potentially world-changing technology that can be a game changer to a range of industries and a key enabler for the energy transition.
- Great colleagues; at LeydenJar you will be part of a multi-national, ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial team/12+ different nationalities!/
- You will start on a 1 contract that can become an indefinite term contract.
- Relocation will be supported for international movement of household goods and for relocation of yourself and your family. Application for work/residence permit and 30% Ruling will be supported by us (no guarantee, though).
- We host internal FUN events each year and offer personal development perks.
Do you want to take on the challenge as a Senior Battery Scientist? We are looking forward to your application!