Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable world? Are you excited to help shape the future of battery technology and consequently the future of consumer electronics and mobility? Can you not wait to dive into a VC-backed deep tech scale-up with the ambition to change the world?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Production Technician to join our innovative and ambitious organization.
LeydenJar is a high-tech company, developing pure silicone anodes for a lithium-ion battery that will change the world. We are proud that, here at LeydenJar, we:
- boost Li-ion battery energy density by 70% by using 10x thinner anodes
- improved cycle life to >450
- achieved fast charging to 60% in under 10 min!
We are currently still in an R&D phase, but we are ready to start the actual production of anode foil. LeydenJar Plant One will open in 2026.
We are looking for a dedicated Production Technician to support our pre-pilot operations, who enjoys working with high-tech equipment and can carry out repetitive tasks precisely.
You are eager to learn and excited to work with us to make better batteries. Your work will be supervised by senior process engineers, and you will report to Head of Production. You will be part of a young, international, ambitious and diverse team that is determined to make a better world with cleaner energy.
It is a full-time position and working from home is not possible. Your main working location will be in Eindhoven.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation PECVD production and R&D machines
- Efficient production
- Support maintaining of the machines in close cooperation our partners
Furthermore, you will assist with:
- Process improvements to achieve a constant quality of our innovative products
- Quality control of the produced materials
- Initiatives to improve the machine, the maintenance, and the expanding production location
- You have completed min MBO/equal level of education.
- Working experience in production environment/ working with production inspection vacuum equipment, and/or roll-to-roll equipment is a plus.
- You possess affinity to large, high-tech machines and you are comfortable in taking responsibility to finish the job on your own, once it is well explained.
- You understand that working in a scale-up means working in an environment where many things happen and where plans change.
- You find it easy to listen and talk to people and bring a smile to work.
- You have good command of computers, e.g. MS 365 and ability to communicate in English or Dutch.
What can you expect from us?
- Unique experience in a rapidly scaling VC-backed start-up environment
- High degree of autonomy and a chance to work on potentially world-changing technology that can be a game changer to a range of industries and a key enabler for the energy transition
- A total of 10% (on top and based on your monthly gross salary) will be paid by LeydenJar for pension and other insurances)
- You get 25 days of vacation per year (based on 40 hours working week)
- NS Business Card or reimbursement of 0.21 euro per km for commuting
- Access to OpenUp mental health platform
- Regular progress talks and support to reach your career goals
- Great colleagues; at LeydenJar you will be part of a multi-national, ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial team/20+ different nationalities!/
- Thirsty Thursday – we have drinks every first Thursday of the month
- We host internal FUN events each year and offer personal development perks.
- We have fresh fruit delivered every Monday in both locations /Leiden and Eindhoven/
Are you ready to take on the challenge as a Production Technician?
We are looking forward to your application!
At LeydenJar we value diversity, and we provide equal opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, etc. If there are two or more applicants of equal suitability for a certain position, LeydenJar can under circumstances decide to select applicants based on positive discrimination in full compliance with all relevant and applicable law.